Thursday 17 February 2011

DO YOU LIKE A GOOD READ???

I have been an avid reader from a very early age when I remember the excitement of waiting for the latest edition of the books by Enid Blyton. 
I still have my 1945 copy of  ‘Five go to Smugglers Top’  and the 1946 ‘Castle of Adventure’ and remember going to the Saturday book club in our local bookshop when the owner read a chapter  – why don’t they do that now?  What an encouragement that was to get children reading – we couldn’t wait to get home with the latest book to see what happened next!

However I digress – I now go to my local library where I am still an avid reader and the other week came upon a ‘Quilting Murder Mystery’ – yes that’s what it said on the cover, so I couldn’t resist and thought that those of you who like to read might find them interesting – this is not an advert!!
This turned out to be a series of books by Terri Thayer – the first called ‘Wild Goose Chase’ which those who know about quilting will recognise as a quilting design (I didn’t).  Having been to the Quilt show at the NEC I will now look at it in a different light!!

There are two more in the series – ‘Old Maid’s Puzzle and ‘Ocean Waves’ and I suppose these too must be quilt designs though I haven’t come across these yet.  If you like a good story with a bit of mystery thrown in – look out for them in your library. Hope you enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. I will look out for those........ Have you come across the 'Elm Creek' series by, I think, Jennifer Chiaverini? American, all based around a quilting group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to cause confusion....'Lesley' above is from Keswick branch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lesley I will keep a look out. The Terri Thayer books are also from USA.

    ReplyDelete