Monday 1 August 2011

AUGUST MEETING–Saturday 13th

This month will start with our EGM when we nominate new members for vacant post on the committee – we are always looking for volunteers so please come along and support us.

This will be followed by a talk and display of the Chester Ps and Qs Suitcase Collection of quilts, given by our own member Karen Hurrell.

I know several members will be on holiday but I am hoping that those who can, will bring in finished or ‘ongoing’ work from both the Hands-on Day in July and any items made from the dyed fabrics and threads that were produced in June.
Also - 3 or 4 members attended summer school at Alston so it would be nice to see what they produced too (hint, hint!!).

IF anything turns up I will photograph and include in the blog over the next few weeks.

THE COLOUR RAFFLE THIS MONTH IS GOLD though I must admit this picture does not look very ‘glittery’ to me – anyway I’m sure you will know what to bring ‘anything that glitters in the yellowish variety’!

P1010265

DON’T FORGET the Natural Progression exhibition starts this week at Mere Sands Woods – see previous entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment