Monday 29 September 2014

October meeting–Saturday 11th

Committee members should note that there will be a meeting starting at 12 noon, before the afternoon meeting at 2p.m.

This months speaker will be Isobel Hall, who visited us last November for a fascinating workshop on Stitching with Paper.
This time she will be talking about Mixed Media and Stitch and we look forward to an interesting afternoon.

Isobel writes on her website -
“My personal obsession is that I like to embroider and work with fabrics that have been made from scratch. Experimental sketchbook work is important for me and I go on to create items that are fit for purpose so my bags, books, vessels, boxes and jewellery all have to be robust and useable.
I started as a traditional hand embroiderer and over the years gradually made the move over to being a mixed media textile artist who uses machine embroidery but who maintains a love for traditional stitching”

No comments:

Post a Comment