Sunday 21 February 2010

REMINDERS

At our February meeting I was very pleased to receive 14 small pieces of work for the Photograph Album Cover but I need more.

I cannot be at the March meeting but you can take your contributions and Sue Chisnall will collect them and pass on to me.  Alternatively you can post directly to me if you prefer.  I would like to have the cover completed, or well on the way, for our April meeting so that it can be displayed at our Open Day in May.

Some of the pieces are shown below – courtesy of John Clark’s photographs -

Album samples 2

Blog pics

I will need all your names when I am starting on the construction so please let me know which is your piece.

The following are pieces worked from the Local Heritage workshops we have been running and will be on show at our Open Day in May.

Canal 'belt'

A selection of stitched belts, glass cases and purse based on the style of Canal Boatmen’s Belts.

Postcards

One of the ‘Iron Men’  from  Crosby Beach.

Postcard 2

A nostalgic beach scene - Postcards - also for our Open Day.

 Silk paint 2

Silk paint

Some lovely samples from the Silk Painting workshop – love the penguins!!

Again I need all your names

MARCH 20th Workshop with Sheila Smith – FELTING

Only a few places remain so if you want to come please contact Karen Hurrell as soon as you can – first come first served.  Spare places will be offered to members of other Branches.

See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment