Tuesday 1 March 2011

MIXED MEDIA MEANDERINGS with Marie Bellamy.

On Saturday March 12th Marie will be coming to talk to us about her work.  She says -

Thanks to my Mother and Father, I have been involved in crafts since an early age - you name it and I've probably tried it (and taught many of them too!). My working life has taken many paths but my 'crafting career' began in the Probation Service as a craft tutor, then I completed a B.Ed (Hons) Degree in Craft, Design and Technology.
After teaching woodwork (yes really), metalwork and more for nearly 10 years I became a self-employed craft tutor eventually opening my own craft shop while still teaching at various venues and to various groups.

Paper, fabric, wood and metal - canvas, gesso, paint and powders - beads, thread, ribbon and lace - photos, transfers, techniques and 'what if's' - put them into a melt-pot (include this technique too!) and you will have some idea of the fun you can have with mixed-media.
Anything goes (as long as it's not dangerous!)

My work has been exhibited and sold in galleries and my latest venture is a jewellery line.

This should be an interesting afternoon with lots of ideas and plenty to see.

************************

MONTHLY RAFFLE – ‘Spring is Here’
Lemon and Cream

P1010260

No comments:

Post a Comment