Thursday 24 March 2011

TRY BEFORE YOU BUY (or back to the Library!!)

How many times have you ordered or even bought a Textile book, got it home with great excitement, started to read  and then found to your disappointment that it was not what it seemed.

Sometimes you can be lucky and find that your Library has a copy or can even order a copy if it is available in your area.  I have done this several times and it can save you disappointment and money in some cases, or even encourage you to purchase your own copy if it is that good and you feel the need to have it on your own shelf!!

A book that has been recommended by a member who did just this, is the Compendium of Quilting Techniques by Susan Briscoe published by Search Press and we hope to have this in the Branch Library soon.

DO LET US KNOW OF OTHER BOOKS YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE IN OUR BRANCH LIBRARY.

I have written before about my local library and just hope that not too many in West Lancashire, where I live, will be closed – I think I might join a ‘sit-in’ – or perhaps a ‘read-in’ might be better, if there is any chance of not being able to use this service!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment